The Avalon Legacy Campaign Reaches Its Goal!
The Board of Directors and staff of the Avalon Theatre are thrilled to announce that the Avalon Legacy Campaign has raised $2 million from over 1700 donors.
It took hard work on the part of the Board and staff members but most of all it was the loyalty, commitment and generosity of our many neighbors, friends, and business supporters who have made this achievement possible. Over the last several years the Campaign has undertaken a number of activities in its quest to reach its goal:
- A series of public kick off events were held aimed at all age groups.
- More than 20 home events were held, hosted by Board members, neighbors, friends, and businesses.
- Over 13,000 direct mail solicitations were sent.
- A phonathon was undertaken, headed up by two volunteers who recruited a team to assist in the effort.
- Two major fundraisers were held, raising a total of $140,000.
This fundraising effort has made all the exciting improvements at the theater possible. In fact, since the early successes of the Campaign the theater has seen a continuing stream of upgrades and enhancements. The Campaign has funded the following building projects:
- Avalon Café build out (2009)
- Replacement of the electrical switching system (2010)
- Repair of the sidewalk and vault space (2010)
- Avalon 1 ceiling and mural restoration (2010)
- Avalon 2 HVAC system replaced (2011)
- Avalon 1 HVAC system replaced (2012)
- Purchased new digital projection equipment for Avalon 1 & 2 (2013)
- Installed Elevator to Avalon 2 (2013)
- Renovated Avalon 2 restrooms making them ADA compliant (2013)